For three weeks each year, the January in Tucson intensive education session brings together distinguished faculty in the field of Indigenous governance and Indigenous rights, and gives them the opportunity to teach and hold discussions with Indigenous leaders, practitioners, and community members, as well as other individuals interested in Indigenous affairs.
The result is more than just a series of classes on Indigenous topics. JIT courses not only convey important information backed by research, but they allow space for a crucial dialogue to occur between Indigenous peoples from all over the world. This conversation provides new perspectives to familiar challenges, and helps to make JIT a truly unique educational experience.
Professional Development or Continuing Education Certificate (CEC)
This option is for individuals who:
- Are seeking courses for professional development
- Do not need university credit
- Will complete six January in Tucson (JIT) courses
Continuing Legal Education (CLE)*
For licensed attorneys who:
- Need to fulfill their CLE requirement to maintain licensure
- Will complete one of three CLE-eligible courses: Intergovernmental Relations, Tribal Business Law, or Comparative Legal Systems & Their Role in Nation Building
*Registration in each course may qualify for up to 12 hours of CLE credit for State Bar of Arizona members, including 0 hour(s) of professional responsibility. The State Bar of Arizona does not approve or accredit CLE activities for the Mandatory Continuing Legal Education requirement. Contact the State Bar of Arizona for more details. For details on CLE eligibility outside of Arizona, please contact your State Bar Association.
January in Tucson credits may be applied to the Indigenous Governance Graduate Program. This option is for individuals who:
- Are applying to be a candidate in the University of Arizona’s Masters of Professional Studies in Indigenous Governance Program; or applying to be a candidate in the Graduate Certificate in Indigenous Governance Program
- Are seeking university credit toward a degree at another institution
- COST: $867 USD (Or current tuition rate paid to the University of Arizona)
- Please contact IGP@arizona.edu for more details